Skip to Main Content Skip to bottom Skip to Chat, Email, Text

Save time and tuition as a transfer student

We've helped students like you transfer in credits and earn their degree faster by accepting college credits from over 5,000+ accredited institutions. In most cases we can request your transcripts for you, for free.

What other trasfer credit students saved*


6-22 months savings

*Savings based on the 25th and 75th percentile of transfer credits awarded to University of Phoenix undergraduate students in 2021.

What other transfer credit students saved*


6-22 months savings

*Savings based on the 25th and 75th percentile of transfer credits awarded to  University of Phoenix undergraduate students in 2021.

Why transfer to University of Phoenix?

In most cases, we request your transcripts on your behalf, so you don't incur any cost. Some institutions may require you to request your transcripts directly. Call 1-844-937-8679 to speak to an enrollment representative.

Save using your associate's degree

Maximize your associate degree credits to save time and money on a bachelor's degree. The best part? You'll lock in your tuition at our special rate until you earn your degree.

International transfer student

Meet the requirements as an international student and have your transcripts evaluated for potential transfer.

Scholarship for transfer students

Now accepting applications Transfer students can get awarded up to $3000 toward their bachelor's degree.

How to submit my transfer credits for evaluation


Collect a list of schools where you completed courses.


Submit your online application.


Complete your transcript request form with your application.

Try our Savings Explorer™ tool

Students with eligible credits and relevant experience on average saved:


1 year

Off their undergraduate degree with University of Phoenix.

Questions other students are asking

Prior coursework from a degree-granting institution with institutional accreditation, or credit earned through a national testing program such as the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES or Advanced Placement, may be transferable, depending on your grades/scores. Your professional training or military training may also be converted into academic credits.

Not at all. Your GPA will be determined by the credits earned in residence at University of Phoenix.

The transfer of credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution.  The University of Phoenix can perform a pre-evaluation using your unofficial transcripts to give you an idea of how your transfer credits may apply to your selected program.  Officially, you need to complete the admissions form, provide information about all schools attended, and sign the transfer request form. When all forms and transcripts are received, you’ll know for sure what transfer credits will apply.

You don’t pay to transfer college credits. In most cases we can request your official transcripts from prior institutions for you. This saves you time and money. In some cases, institutions may require you to make the request directly.

You might be able to apply military training for college credit. We will request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) for you, and evaluate your military experience using credit recommendations from the American Council for Education (ACE).

Yes. Transfer your associate degree from an institutionally accredited community college to save $144 per three-credit course. We have relationships with community colleges across the country that make transferring credit to University of Phoenix easier for you. If you have your associate degree our 3+1 Transfer Pathway lets you transfer 87 credits, the equivalent of three years, from a participating community college.

Talk with an enrollment representative to learn more about applying Prior Learning Assessment to apply for credit for what you have learned through work and life experiences. Alternative credit providers and national testing programs are other options that allow you to save.

Get evaluated for academic credentials from a number of international colleges and universities. If we’re unable to review your credits for some reason, we’ll direct you to an agency that can. Note that foreign language transcripts require certified English translation.